- Bad Learning Designs are Thought to be Good Learning Designs
- Training Alone Produces Improvements in On-the-job Performance
- Information Presentation is Sufficient as a Training Design
- Training & Instructional Design Require No Special Skills or Competencies.
- Learners Know How to Learn
- Managers Think Learning & Development is a Low-Priority Part of their Role
Through happenstance I found Will in 2006 with this post:People remember 10%, 20%...Oh Really? In it he debunks the we-remember-10%-of-what-we-read, 20%-of-what-we-hear, and I'll pause while you chant the rest.
Just heard this old chestnut at an ASTD local function this week.